Media Rage 3
A collection of powerful tools for media enthusiasts with a Macintosh
Mac OS X. Media Rage can
read and write
stored in MP3, AAC/MP4, FLAC, AIFF, WAVE, BWF, and Ogg Vorbis audio
files as well as EXIF (read only) tags in digital images. Media
Rage can assist
and updating thousands of audio files with ease.
Media Rage 3 is available for the low price
of $29.95. Users of any version of MP3 Rage or any previous version of Media Rage can upgrade for a nominal fee of $9.95. Upgrades and full versions
be purchased below, just click the 'Buy It Now' button.
Media Rage scored 4 out of 5 mice in MacWorld
Downloads and Purchases:
Media Rage is the perfect companion
to any audio player, including iTunes,
Audion, and more! Media Rage requires Mac OS X, version 10.5 or higher (10.6 or later recommended).
- [Feature] Added many more data field destinations (e.g. Album Artist) to the Data Mover destination popups.
- [Feature] Added ability to Organize into a folder with a title made from meta data.
- [Feature] Added ability to convert colon characters in metadata to any other string in the Organizer output path.
- [Feature] Added support for ALBUMARTIST comments in FLAC files.
- [Bug Fix] Fix ability to detect some types of artwork in MP3s.
- [Bug Fix] Remove FLAC comment for compilation if the value is 0. This fixes the "Max" app.
- [Bug Fix] Fix album artist button in the Expression Designer.
- [Bug Fix] Fix crasher in Import/Export tool.
- [Bug Fix] Fix tooltip for Media Converter in the Toolbar.
in Media Rage (partial listing):
- Supports reading and
writing information in
AAC, MP3 (all tag versions), FLAC, AIFF,
WAVE, BWF, and Ogg Vorbis media files.
- Read and display EXIF
tags in image files.
- Opens and plays any QuickTime
- Supports reading and writing
- Fully multi-threaded, providing a
responsive user experience.
- Built for Mac OS X from the ground
up, and adopts Mac OS X UI guidelines.
- Dashboard and Toolbar windows allow
quick access to all tools.
- Duplicate finder - Find duplicate
files in your collection, based on
your criteria. Easily trash duplicates
- Catalog Creator - easily create catalogs
of your files in a flexible manner.
- Media Scrubber - allow quick viewing,
comparing, copying, and in-line editing
of your media files.
- File Renamer - change filenames on
disk based on data in media files.
- Player - a simple player is included
for sampling of songs without adding
them to your iTunes library.
- QuickEdit - modify
the contents of MP3, AAC, FLAC, and
Ogg audio files.
- Multiple QuickEdit - modify batches
of files in a few easy strokes.
- Organizer - move, copy, link or alias
a collection of files on your disk
- Tool Chain - can run multiple tools sequentially
- Data Changer - batch modify thousands
of files in a single click!
- Artwork Search - search
the internet for artwork to add to
your media files.
- and much more!
Screenshots (actual product may differ as the product develops):
Search - easily search multiple sources on the internet to
find high quality artwork to add to your media files. The tool
displays all found results to enable you to choose the best artwork
for your files. From there it is a one-step process to add the
artwork to your files right within the tool window.
||Tool Chain -
The ToolChain window allows you to run many of Media Rage's powerful tools sequentially, saving you valuable time!
view audio media files by artist/album, and easily modify an album's
artwork. Using the drag and drop interface and built-in artwork search
button, adding artwork to ALL files in an album is now easier
Search the FreeDB database for artist, albums, or songs, and then
using the results, add or update the information in your
files painlessly in seconds!
Lets you quickly edit data in MP3, AAC, FLAC, BWF, AIFF, WAVE,
and Ogg Vorbis audio files. You can also view EXIF tags in digital
image files, and view any file openable by QuickTime. Yellow coloring
(optionally) indicates what has changed
QuickEdit - Lets you quickly edit data in multiple audio
files in quick succession. Pin static fields to easily fill subsequent
you have a need to sort audio content into folders in any
order you want (Type, Genre, Artist, Album, Artist, Year,
etc.), the Organizer is just what you are looking for!.
It also has the option to just create aliases or symbolic
links to the files instead of moving the originals so you
can create multiple views of your files, sorted in different
order without touching your originals.
Before Organizing, you have a confusing mess of badly
named and unorganized files and folders:
You update your media file data, and then setup the
And then after processing, you have an eye-pleasing,
organized file layout on your disk:
Changer - rapidly change the information of hundreds of files,
convert mp3 tags to different formats, add artwork to an entire
album in a single shot, and much more. Here's a shot of the Data
Changer, ready to change all specified files with the selected
Filenames To Data - Using your disk's folder layout and your
media file names, you can construct tags and data for your media
files! Use powerful regular expression to parse all relevant
information out of your filenames.
||Media Scrubber -
this tool is handy for viewing many files side-by-side, and allows
in-line editing of data in any file. You can also easily send files
to the trash, copy them to a different location, edit multiple
files, and more.
||File Renamer -
like your files to be named in a very specific way, based on information
found within your Media Files? The File Renamer is your friend,
allowing you to rename thousands of files based on data found in
your media files, in any way you want. You can set whether or not
to use leading zeros, filename compatibility, etc.
Media Rage logo and artwork by Gabriel
Moore of Automaton Design
Copyright © 2004-2008 Chaotic,
Inc., All rights reserved.